Benin

CRiPSI is planning to build a plastic recycling plant in the south of Benin.

The Republic of Benin (French: République du Bénin) and formerly Dahomey, is a country in West Africa. It is bordered by Togo to the west, by Nigeria to the east and by Burkina Faso and Niger to the north. A majority of the population live on its small southern coastline on the Bight of Benin, part of the Gulf of Guinea in the northernmost tropical portion of the Atlantic Ocean.” (Wikipedia)

The situation with plastic in Benin is terrible, like in all Africa. Plastic pollutes the streets, the ducts, the rivers, the urban and the rural areas, the soil, the air and the water, and is burned in open fires.

For these reasons, CRiPSI has decided to build a plant in Benin, between Cotonou and Porto Novo, where most of Benin’s population resides. CRiPSI’s plant will be near Lome, in Togo, and Lagos, in Nigeria. This will allow CRiPSI to recycle plastic from these cities, too.

For this project CRiPSI is in contact with a local entrepreneur, who will participate in the project as for 20% and will help CRiPSI carry out all the activities needed for the implementation of the plant for plastic recycling, such as finding the lot and the authorizations.

CRiPSI already has all second-hand machines needed for the plant for plastic recycling. The rest we will build in place.

To carry out this project, CRiPSI needs your help to complete the capital necessary for the initial investment. This capital is of around 1’000’000.- EUR, and right now we have around 55%. For the other 45%, CRiPSI is launching a crowdfunding campaign.

By helping CRiPSI with this local project in Benin, you contribute to protect the environment at a global level, while helping a developing country head towards a sustainable economy.

Furthermore, by helping CRiPSI to recycle plastic, you avoid plastic from getting into the Ocean!

Think global, act local!